I ask, I build, I lead.
- Direction, Strategy, Tactics, and ExecutionThis is a long-form discussion of the following Tweet, which discusses my mental model on Direction, Strategy, Tactics, and Execution: This mental model (direction, strategy, tactics, execution) is intended to map the boundaries of these concepts so that people can perform abstraction at the conceptual level. Disclaimer: This mental model lifts concepts heavily from Human… Read More »Direction, Strategy, Tactics, and Execution
- Trading cards and Deck building: A mental model for opportunities and activitiesWhen playing a trading card game, how many cards are you able to take per turn from your deck? How many different decks do you have access to? Do you leverage your present turns such that it reinforces the you already have? Today we explore the concept of evaluating life similar to how trading card… Read More »Trading cards and Deck building: A mental model for opportunities and activities
- dbtoyaml + Docker: Generate table definitionsToday I quickly built out a utility tool that generates your table definitions as YAML by inspecting your PostgreSQL db using Pyrseas. It’s a very minimal install. You only need Docker, and optionally Fish Shell in case you want to take advantage of a convenience script I made. Head over to the GitHub repository if… Read More »dbtoyaml + Docker: Generate table definitions
- Viper library (Go) fails to unmarshal yaml config fileIn times when you’re trying to unmarshal a config file using viper, check whether your config file has nested yaml structures. As shown in the example above, there are multiple layers of structs under providers (i.e. payment contains dwolla). The different with service is that its fields are set only in one level. If your… Read More »Viper library (Go) fails to unmarshal yaml config file
- Send Keycloak webhook eventsKeycloak out of the box provides a lot of value as an IAM provider. On this blog post, I will talk about how I extended user jessylenne existing work on sending Keycloak webhook events to a third party provider. Resources The original git repository has a convenient README available, explaining how to build, deploy, and… Read More »Send Keycloak webhook events